Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lingerie to Tractors

That is what I did last Wednesday and Thursday.  In my sometimes odd line of work, I sometimes get a call from Comcast to take on a side project.  A week ago it was a video production consultation with a lingerie boutique in Seattle.  The next day I caught the Bremerton ferry to do a consultation with a truck / tractor dealership.  The people were very different, and great to meet.

What is a video production consultation? I wear strictly the Producer hat, meet with a potential new client, learn about their business, their clients, and who they want to attract, and let them know how the video production process works.

I take notes, and when I get back home I draft scripts for their tv commercial, make sure the concept fits within the client's budget, then send the scripts to the client for review.

We revise, we change things on paper, and when the client is satisfied they sign off on it.

Next, the video production machine swings into action.  A video shoot is scheduled and executed if needed.  Graphics are purchased and/or created.  The voiceover is ordered.  Everything arrives in the editing booth at the appointed time on the scheduled day.  3 hours later we have a first draft.

I don't suppose that shifting gears from lingerie to tractors in a day is something most people are used to.  In local advertising it's nice to have a whole day to shift gears.

And so it goes.  It's a nice machine.  ....And last week Bremerton has some fall leaves left in spite of the wind.

Scott Bell
http://MediaDesignSeattle.com
BLOG: http://mediadesignseattle.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment